Friday 6 June 2014

Tangled

Does anyone else like the movie tangled? Well if you don't this may not be the post for you.
My favourite scene is the one where Rapunzelle and Flynn Rider are in the boat with all the lanterns around them. I decided that this was the perfect scene to paint in watercolour. I painted the background itself and let it dry. I used orange and black. Then i painted a silhouette of the boat in black. I then painted the lanterns. To do this i painted the lanterns white and put in dots of orange and pink (they blended really nicely while drying) i then sprayed white paint onto the page used a tooth brush. It turned out like this.. And i love it. This is also the first painting done on proper watercolour paper. I prefer it to printing paper.
Tangled Scene

No comments:

Post a Comment